The function of a soccer referee is very crucial to a game of soccer; his primary responsibility is to enforce the laws of the game. His role goes beyond the boundaries of the soccer field – he is the game’s supreme authority. His decisions and judgments make or break a team and a soccer match in general.
For the referee to perform his duties efficiently, he has to have the right skills – good decision making, a thorough knowledge of the game rules and regulations, and an effective game management. In addition, to make his job easier and more convenient, it is essential to have a complete set of referee apparels and every soccer referee equipment should be made of the finest quality and durability. Here are some of the basic things a referee needs to help him run the game smoothly.
Soccer referee gears and equipments
- Soccer referee uniform – It is important that he wears a uniform that will not confuse the players. The shirt should be a different color from what the two teams are wearing, so it is essential that the ref should have different color shirts and they should all be durable as well.
- Soccer referee whistle – This is a useful tool for calling out fouls and other game stoppages. An ideal model is one that is audible enough to be heard over all the noise in the field. It often comes with a lanyard to keep the whistle in place.
- Soccer referee watch – The referee is also the game’s official timekeeper, so it is important to have a watch that will help make accurate time records. Modern referee watch models today have advanced features like a programmable countdown timer, an alarm beeper, a LED backlight display, and other time tracking tools.
- Soccer referee notebook/ score book – This is used to record scores and other players and game information. Most models are designed in a wallet type, where there is a compartment for the pen, and the yellow and red cards. Some even have a place to keep the coin on.
- Red and yellow referee cards – These penalty cards are used to express referee signals. The cards will clearly convey the referee’s decision to both the players and the game spectators. Like the traffic light signal, yellow means a warning and will allow you to stay on with the game, while a red card means stop, or you have been expelled from the game and can no longer play for the particular match.
These are just some of the useful things a soccer referee should have while out on the field. Some game officials have their own soccer referee map to organize their reports and match, others prefer to have a separate score sheet notebook, a referee patch to mark their position, and a handy soccer rule book. Whatever soccer referee equipment you have, at the end of the day, it’s your character and qualities as a referee that matters.
- It’s Time to Know the Importance of a Soccer Referee Watch
- The Benefits of Quality Soccer Referee Uniforms
- Custom Made Soccer Uniforms And Jerseys